GRP2 discussion

Programming topics can be found here.

Re: GRP2 discussion

Post by 120448 » Tue Jan 14, 2014 8:26 pm

I've been working a lot on my rasterizer and mainly on the gameplay. I made a Minecraft remake with Single Player and Multiplayer game mode. I didn't do much on the world generation, just a simple perlin noise as I focused on the gameplay. You can walk around, place and remove blocks, pickup dropped blocks, fly around with a overhead camera or use a 1st or 3rd person camera. Everything also works in the multiplayer mode. You can attack and kill people that are in the server and chat with them. It runs on 25 fps with around 200k triangles loaded.

Here are some screenshots:
Marc Peyré
Programmer - 2nd year
http://twirlbound.com

Post by 100066 » Tue Jan 14, 2014 8:47 pm

120448 wrote:I've been working a lot on my rasterizer and mainly on the gameplay. I made a Minecraft remake with Single Player and Multiplayer game mode. I didn't do much on the world generation, just a simple perlin noise as I focused on the gameplay. You can walk around, place and remove blocks, pickup dropped blocks, fly around with a overhead camera or use a 1st or 3rd person camera. Everything also works in the multiplayer mode. You can attack and kill people that are in the server and chat with them. It runs on 25 fps with around 200k triangles loaded.

Showoff... Nah just kidding, that's pretty awesome man!
Bryan Keiren - Programmer
http://bryankeiren.com/

bikker

Post by bikker » Thu Jan 16, 2014 9:53 am

Jurre just made me aware that the slides do not mention a report for the final assignment. So here goes:
Please submit a report with your assignment. This helps me grade your assignment better.

Post by 121356 » Fri Jan 17, 2014 9:57 am

Any particular/specific requirements for what should be in the report?
Wout van Poppel | 3GA-2PR

bikker

Post by bikker » Fri Jan 17, 2014 12:17 pm

Well since it wasn't in the slides, I can't really make any harsh demands. :) So let's put it like this: it helps me to understand and appreciate your program better if you explain its architecture, features, controls, and anything I should know about. Especially if you are proud of some specific feature that was not required, make sure you mention it, I might overlook it otherwise.

- Jacco.

Post by 121649 » Tue Jan 06, 2015 5:59 pm

120448 wrote:I've been working a lot on my rasterizer and mainly on the gameplay. I made a Minecraft remake with Single Player and Multiplayer game mode. I didn't do much on the world generation, just a simple perlin noise as I focused on the gameplay. You can walk around, place and remove blocks, pickup dropped blocks, fly around with a overhead camera or use a 1st or 3rd person camera. Everything also works in the multiplayer mode. You can attack and kill people that are in the server and chat with them. It runs on 25 fps with around 200k triangles loaded.

just as I was getting proud of my own progress on my Networking retake ( w/ GRP2 rasterizer), I see and get jealous of yours again :P

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9B72ok9VYIA
Hello, I am replicant #121649.